Reblog this if gender dysphoria has ever seriously impacted your performance in school or work over the course of your life. Please just reblog, do not like this post. And only reblog it once, as liking or reblogging multiple times will throw off the numbers.
I’m trying to make a point to my mom that my gender dysphoria is not something I can just will myself past and it’s something that I need to take care of before anything else.
Fred Rogers ladies and gentleman!
Here are some interesting facts about him:
- He basically saved public television. In 1969 the government wanted to cut public television funds. Mister Rogers then went to Washington where he gave an amazing merely six minute speech. By the end of the speech not only did he charm the hostile Senators, he got them to double the budget they would have initially cut down. The whole thing can be found on youtube, a video called “Mister Rogers defending PBS to the US Senate.”
- “Certain fundamentalist preachers hated him because, apparently not getting the “kindest man who ever lived” memo, they would ask him to denounce homosexuals. Mr. Rogers’s response? He’d pat the target on the shoulder and say, “God loves you just as you are.” Rogers even belonged to a “More Light” congregation in Pittsburgh, a part of the Presbyterian Church dedicated to welcoming LGBT persons to full participation in the church.”
- According to a TV Guide piece on him, Fred Rogers drove a plain old Impala for years. One day, however, the car was stolen from the street near the TV station. When Rogers filed a police report, the story was picked up by every newspaper, radio and media outlet around town. Amazingly, within 48 hours the car was left in the exact spot where it was taken from, with an apology on the dashboard. It read, “If we’d known it was yours, we never would have taken it.”
- Once, on a fancy trip up to a PBS exec’s house, he heard the limo driver was going to wait outside for 2 hours, so he insisted the driver come in and join them (which flustered the host). On the way back, Rogers sat up front, and when he learned that they were passing the driver’s home on the way, he asked if they could stop in to meet his family. According to the driver, it was one of the best nights of his life—the house supposedly lit up when Rogers arrived, and he played jazz piano and bantered with them late into the night. Further, like with the reporters, Rogers sent him notes and kept in touch with the driver for the rest of his life.
I’m quite sure
he was enlightened.
I’d like to be his neighbor.
Always reblog this! Always
I am genuinely not trying to offend anyone, so please forgive me if I don’t know the proper terminology to use. We understand that one may identify as a girl even if they are not physiologically born a girl. We are supportive of everyone! However our policy is that to be a SuicideGirl one must have breasts and a vagina.
I agree with everything about trans girls. Unfortunately in suicidegirls, defense to them they don’t give a shit if you are the most beautiful creature to ever walk this earth. It’s a business to them. Their primary consumers are men that have an exclusive preference for alternative females that have vaginas. I do know that suicidegirls did say if a girl has had the “proper surgeries” they would consider them just like any other cis girl.
Still I think it would be cool for them to have a set aside genre for it on the website. I just don’t think this is the the porn company that would feature it. While they may seem more “inclusive” because they advertise for the alternative lifestyle. It’s still just like any other porn company, all they care about is money.
Also I am not saying that trans* porn is/would not make a lot of money. It’s just that even the trans* porn sites have a long way to go, and as long as they keep featuring women the way that they do. Until we get out of this stage where trans women are pictured to be like the ones on gt5 (which I must say 85% of us don’t act, dress, or even remotely look like that. The other 15% I can’t speak for because unfortunately stereotypes are created for a reason sometimes. (still doesn’t make it ok to use as a sterotype)) I don’t think suicidegirls or any other porn company would want to feature trans girls. It will take time, but the way things are headed now we should have a more queer* friendly industry soon enough. I know San Francisco has a lot queer positive porn going on too.
P.s. I know someone that was starting a suicidegirl type website specifically for tattooed/pierced transgirls. They don’t include all the “tranny” this and “shemale” that nonsense either. So the sites are out there you just have to find them ^~^
I guess you can count on Angelina Jolie on never being a suicide girl